Zero Collapse Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

+2
wikkit
D.L. Yomegami
6 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Tale of Destruction and Friendship - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Post by DeisTheAlcano 4/9/2016, 1:41 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - The House

Wo noticed Raquel's curiosity when stared at her not-hat and the cyborg explained that those were common back in her world. It was part of her body and everyone in her species had unique metallic parts attached to their bodies. Raquel wasn't sure about the practicality of it.

"And you have those, why exactly?"

She quickly forgot about the question since Wo asked her why humans had so few siblings, if any, compared to her species wich was born in factories in batches of ten or more at a time. That was something Raquel didn't think she would need to explain to someone that looked much older than her.

"Well, t-that's a..." She took a moment to think of what to say "The thing is, humans aren't made in factories" Raquel didn't know how to explain that without making things awkward and she started petting one of her spiders trying to find the least embarrassing way to put it into words. Failing to do so, she took a sip from her teacup to gain a little more time to think. She finally decided to briefly point with her finger at her crotch and simply murmur "They come from, you know, down there" A hue of red rapidly spread throughout her cheeks as soon as she said that.
DeisTheAlcano
DeisTheAlcano

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Destruction and Friendship - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tale of Destruction and Friendship

Post by wikkit 5/9/2016, 7:31 pm

I cocked my head and gave her a concerned look, considering how she was acting. "...Uhh, I'm sorry to say it, but I don't know." Raquel was being quite cryptic, because "down there" could mean so many things. Did they dig them out of the ground? Were they, I dunno, grown in caves? Her finger was angled towards herself, but that didn't make matters any better. Did infants gro-

Oh, wait. THAT way. It took a while for me to realize it, considering how few animals are left outside of the cycle of construction in their own primitive forms of allogamy. Humans mate? That doesn't explain the numbers, but maybe it explained why she was acting so coy about it. I'd be embarrassed too if I laid eggs like an insect.

I raised a hand, feeling my cheeks flush a darker shade as I experienced a little second hand embarrassment myself. "Okay, I think I understand now! You don't need to talk about it more if it's awkward." I tried to steer the conversation away from those dark waters, quickly saying, "So, anyway..."

"Well...actually, I can't think of anything. Shoot." Dang it, I drew another blank. Since these people were from another dimension and not the past, I could only ask the most general questions, and now I had no idea which ones were gonna make her feel bad like that. "...Maybe you could tell me a little about yourselves? I'd like to know who I'm working with."
wikkit
wikkit

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami 5/9/2016, 9:03 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - Kitchen

Sophie frowned heavily.

"When I was asked to help fight the Bleaksteel, I...um...well, I guess I didn't know what to think at first. I don't even know why Samantha wanted me of all people to help her. And even now I'm still getting used to this whole magical girl thing, sometimes to the point where I question my choice. But...I guess the chance to really make something of myself, and the chance that if I keep going I'll help free my world from the Bleaksteel's rule, is what keeps me going. That, and the fact that I have a friend who knows exactly what we're dealing with and how to deal with it. So...I guess the best advice I have is to find something, or someone, to believe in, and keep a hold on that belief even when things get bad."

She sighed. "...But even still, I don't know if this is something I can really handle. Saving my own world is one thing, and that's really a lot to ask as it is. But saving everything that ever existed? I...uh...I'm not sure if that's something that's doable for me, even with everyone else here."

She took another glance around the room, before turning back to Sabitsuki. "Um...perhaps we could go find another room, if this one's a little crowded for you? I could go either way."
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit 9/9/2016, 12:04 am

Now I was getting a much clearer picture: Sophie wasn't just fighting some strange things, she was trying to liberate an entire world!  It was so odd, because she still didn't seem like the world-saving kind, at all.

And then, I had an epiphany...at least, I think that's what you call these kinds of things.  She was saving her own world, doing something to help even if she wasn't the one best candidate for the task.  She must've been scared like I was, but she didn't sit around and complain...like I did.  I may not have had friends like she did, and she was still afraid of what was going to happen, but she was still trying.

My face reflected my realization, and I nodded to Sophie...until I realize I was nodding yes to "Do you want to leave".  I shook my head and said, "No, no, it's fine.  It's not really the people.  It's..."

...She was being open with me, right?  I don't think she'd hate me if I told her.  I leaned in, still keeping a little bit of distance, and tried to keep my voice low.  "Don't tell anyone yet, alright?  I'm sick.  I don't want to get them sick, so I'm staying away for a reason."
wikkit
wikkit

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano 9/9/2016, 10:19 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - Tea Party

Wo was denser than Raquel had thought since she took a few minutes to figure out what "down there" meant in relation to human reproduction. She at least realized that the conversation made her uncomfortable so she decided to change gears away from that. Raquel was glad Wo decided to drop the subject because she was dreading trying to explain things more clearly to her. Plus, she was unsure about the details herself given her conservative upbringing.

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea" she said, after drinking again from her teacup. The taste was growing on her.

Since Wo drew a blank on what to ask, she asked what the girls could tell her from their homeworlds. Raquel was a bit tired of the interrogation and decided it was time to turn the tables. She was really curious about Wo, anyway, what kind of world had humans as an extinct species with things like her running around? And there was her initial attitude when she was amazed to meet them because of their powers.

"Why don't you tell us something for a change? Why were you so excited about meeting us just a few minutes ago? Are you really that curious about humans?"
DeisTheAlcano
DeisTheAlcano

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 11/9/2016, 3:30 am

Hikaru's House - Uptairs

Once she reached the upper floor, remembering what Hikaru had said about her room and noticing the door lights still clearly on, Sakura went right past that one, walking until she reached the next door.

Checking it, she found that door was just closed and not locked. She then opened it up wide and she and Kero went into the room.

The first thing she noticed was the bed, whch seemed to be a lot bigger than her own, not that she was complaining.

She sat down on the thankfully comfy and set her Book on her lap, opening it up and reaching for the Cards inside, with a thoughful expression present as she looked through them.

"I wonder if I can really do all this, Kero ... This all sounds so more serious than what happened with us. I really want to help, we just need to help, but I just don't know ... " She spoke worringly

Kero flew closer towards her and said, "Of course you can. Look what you did with all these Cards. It may not look much compared with what is happening here, but you probably never thought you could do all that either. Besides, you're not alone. You got all the help you need there and there are those other girls too."

She clutched the Cards and held them close, saying, "Yeah, you're right. I got them with me, don't I? I hope you're right ... For everyone's sake, we just gotta do this."

Meanwhile, after Sakura took her room, Lumina went further down the corridor and chose the next one. She got in and settled herslf on the bed, noting just how much better it was than what she in her current residence.

She clutched the shield shaped, crystal pendant that was hanging around her neck. She couldn't help but doubt if she could be of any use at all in this dire situation. On her own, she was hopelessly weak and even with the aid of this item, what she could do was probably nothing compared to everyone else here.

She wondered what they would all think once they saw that. Would they reject her like her own people had done? None of them seemed to be elves, let alone ones from the same place she came from, so maybe there was hope it would't be like that, though she doubt it. She would just have to try to make herself useful to prevent that, she guessed.

After Hikaru finished her summoning, Fate carefully examined the device in question, trying to work from memory to see if it was what they needed.

After a while, she turned back to Hikaru and with a small smile, said,
"Yes, I believe this is just what we need. Now let me try and see if I can get this working ... "

She set Bardiche on the table next to the device, intending to mentally ask for help as needed. She then began to key in a few commands.

It took several tries and some help, but eventually, a holographic screen shimmered into existence over them and it seemed that she would be able to estabilish a connection. Now it was just a matter of who to call and what to say about this ... She needed to get Hikaru to acquire some cartridge supplies, so it would probably be best to speak to Hayate at some point. And she could then have her relay the connection locally to Nanoha. Yes, that would do. But what should she tell them about all this?

Figuring that she get the opinion of the person mainly involved in all this, she turned her attention back to Hikaru and said, "I believe I will be able to make contact. I'm about to make the connection to one of my friends, who should be abke to help in that other matter I spoke of earlier. However ... How much would you have me reveal about all this? I'm sure that if anyone back home found about the full extention of it all, surely the full might of the TSAB would be sent our way ... However, I understand that this all delicate and sensitive and so can appreciate if you find thst you would rather not have that. So, what would you suggest?""
JamesShields01
JamesShields01

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami 11/9/2016, 3:19 pm

Hikaru breathed a small sigh of relief, both because the device managed to work at all and also because Fate managed to get it working without her help. However, she frowned shortly afterwards when Fate asked how much she should tell the people of her home universe.

"...On one hand, I could use all the help I could get, assuming I didn't violate one of your laws by essentially kidnapping you. Which I probably did. On the other hand...I don't want to get any more people involved in all this than I absolutely have to. I don't know how important this 'TSAB' is to your home universe, or rather home local group, but from what you just said I'm going to assume 'very.' I'd much rather that they focus their efforts on protecting their home local group than spread their resources thin trying to help me."

She was silent for a few moments afterwards in thought. "...Going back to the first hand, I also don't want to lie about the severity of the situation. In the end, I'll leave the matter to you. If I have to convince them to not get involved myself, then I will."

"...Really?" Sophie asked with a frown, keeping her own voice down out of respect for Sabitsuki, "...You don't look that sick to me. You're not coughing or anything like that...well, not that I've seen. I guess you are a little on the pale side, but I didn't think much of that. Though if you are, I guess that explains why you haven't left your house much before this...."

She paused. "...In any event, since you don't seem contagious to me, I'm not too worried about getting sick myself. If that's any comfort."
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit 12/9/2016, 12:51 am

"Well, you see...it's a bit of a long story, so," I said, shrugging with all my arms and looking away.  Well, for a moment, at least, because I smiled slyly and said,  "...I'm pretty sure I can condense it a little though, so it'll be fine.  Okay?"

I didn't wait for them to answer this, because I had wanted a human's input on this archeological mystery for months now.  They'd help me answer it, even if I had to put it in a roundabout way to them.  I rested my arms on the table, and leaned in as I started talking to them.  "So, my duty in life is working as a repairwoman.  You see, my kind isn't the first one to succeed humans, far from it actually!  We're the fifth in succession, and we call ourselves the Fifth Iteration.  The Fourth Iteration were the most successful ones before us, however, and they left a lot of stuff behind.  My job is to repair their buildings.  It's a nice job, really.  You don't get to see a lot of people while on duty, but you do get the tranquility of being around these ancient ruins, and they can get really pretty.  I mean, you'd think..."  I was getting off track, wasn't I?  I looked away for a moment, muttering "Anywaaaay," then I continued.

"Well, sometimes I find some interesting stuff while excavating.  The most important one was this preserved site from all the way back in human times!  Until then, as far as I knew there was nothing left standing from all the way back then!  And in it, I found the thing that gave me my powers, and a collection of many things.  The remains of plasticine statues of humans, tattered scrolls with odd women drawn on them, and most importantly..."

Pause for dramatic effect...

"The V.H.S. device."  My eyes were closed as I imagined it, so I didn't get their reactions to this mysterious machine's name.  "It was a thing that could take recordings from these mysterious boxes with magnetic tape in them, and they were all about these drawn recreations of events long gone by...all about the Mahou Shoujos, what they were called in that dead language.  In mine, they're Magical Girls.  They were a caste of humans from long ago, who used their magic powers to protect everyone from the horrors that lurk behind every corner!  I was entranced with these tales from the first time I got the V.H.S. device to work, even if some things didn't make sense.  Like, why did every recording show a different source of power for these girls?  I figure they were venerated in a religion unlike my own, like rival pantheons.  Whoever owned these artifacts must've belonged to many religions, though, but I digress."  I shrugged again.  Who knows how such backwards cultures would work.

"But yeah, I found something else in that room, a box unlike the rest.  Inside it was a ghost of a human, and he told me that, since the human race he swore to protect before he died was long gone, it was going to be my duty to stop the restless dead.  At least, he offered it to me because he was a bit sad that no humans were around to accept, and after watching all of those works of art I couldn't not accept!  He's sort of followed me around because he has nothing better to do.  Or to return to, I think he said..."  I paused for a moment, breaking my gaze as I thought.  "...And that's it, really!  I found out that the humans on my world were amazing warriors of old, and I was the only one around to continue that legacy.  All of it was just so...so...cool."

"I do cough, though...all I just did was walk up a hill, and before that I was sitting down," I said.  That's definitely the one thing that's bothered me my entire life.  The sickness has had so many different symptoms, but I've always been tired.  I have ways to deal with it, now, but that was only recently.  Thinking about this disease brought me back down to my usual state of mind, just like thinking about anything that wasn't perfectly cheery did.  "I really, really don't want to take the chance.  I mean, the doctors never had seen anything like I have, so what if it changes as I get older?  They never were able to even make these symptoms stop, so what do they know, but...they tried.  I appreciate them for that."

Looking at Sophie, I was briefly reminded what her other outfit looked like...and that made me think.  Everyone in this room was magical, even me.  I barely knew the powers of any of them, not even Sophie's, but...

"Hey, Sophie..." I said, my eyes widening as I realized what I was looking at here.  "...Do you think someone here can cure me?"
wikkit
wikkit

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 13/9/2016, 12:15 am

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

Fate carefully mulled over Hikaru's arguments. She had a bit of a thoughtful look and grimaced a little before replying, "Yeah, it probably did. But doesn't matter as much right now in the grand scale of things. I should be able to talk this over. In the end, I guess you're right. We'll just have to see how it goes from here."

She then keyed in a few commands, finishing estabilishing the connection with Hayate's office. She would be probably the one most approachable about all this, after all. She definitely outranked her, but she was a dear friend and quite reasonable as well.

Suddenly, the holographic screen changed to show the image of said office, with the certain brunnete girl she was looking for still being thankfully there.

However, when Hayate saw her on the other end of the screen, she somewhat narrowed her eyes and said, "Fate? Why are you doing an out of world call? Weren't you supposed to be on leave?"

Fate carefully considered her words before saying, "Well, let's just say that I may have been unexpectedly drafted into an extra-official mission."

That didn't seem to help matters much, for Hayate exesperately responded, "What? Who would so irresponsibly ignore my request for you to remain off duty? And why would you, either?"

Fate carefully held up a hand and calmly said, "I'm afraid it wasn't anyone in the Bureau, Hayate. It was someone else entirely, who couldn't possibly about any of that. And it is someone that has brought up a grave matter that I simply cannot ignore."

Hayate raised a eyebrow, but also had a somewhat curious look as she then replied, "What is going on then? Where are you? How did they bring you there?"

"Well, it seems that my ... Host has abilities similar to Caro's and somehow summoned me here, to another dimension entirely. As for what is happening ... You remember my report just earlier, don't you? About those mysterious black spots that are appearing everywhere and causing significant damage?" When the other nodded her head, she then added, "Well, turns out, they may be very well literally everywhere. There are a manisfetation of something that is threatning to destroy things on a much grander scale. It will cause severe dimension distortions practically across all of existence if it is not stopped."

Hayate's eyes widened in shock and she then said, 'What? Then, please, tell me everything you know and where you are so that can get the Navy on this. If it is as serious as that, then it warrants our full attention."

Fate looked conficted and took a moment to carefully think it over, before finally going with, "Actually ... It may be better if we don't get any more of the Bureau involved in this. You still need to be able to combat the local effects of all this, as well other dimension threats. And also, as you may have guessed, this is not a naturally ocurrijg phenomenon. It was caused by someone with a very powerful, ancient artifact, comparable to a high class Lost Logia. I'm afraid if we get any more involved in this and are noticed, they might take even more drastic actions. We cannot risk that either."

Hayate's expression mirrored the worry in her own as she spoke,
"Even so, if it anything anywhere near as desperate as you have described, then we must act. It is our sworn duty to protect everyone from things such as that. We cannot afford any chance of it going unchecked."

Fate mulled this over, taking a glance at Hikaru before saying,
"Perhaps you should speak with the one that brought me into this. She should be able explain it all much better than I ever could."

Hayate got a thoughtful look of her and took a moment before responding, "Alright then. I will give then the chance to explain this over. I would rather get us involved into a such a grave matter, but if it's proven that it also delicate like that, then I may reconsider my decision."

"Thank you, that's all I ask," before stepping away from the device and turning to Hikaru, saying "Hayate wishes to speak with you."
JamesShields01
JamesShields01

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano 14/9/2016, 2:15 pm

Hikaru's Refuge - Tea Party / Kitchen

Wo agred to share her story but asked the girls if they were okay with hearing it since it was a bit long. Raquel couldn't answer, though. Wo simply started narrating it without waiting for an answer. She repeated a few details, like the fact that humans were extinct in her world, but now she also added that hers was the fifth generation after the humans' disappearance.

Basically, she was in charge of repairing the fourth iteration's buildings. The converstation quickly shifted to how being in those ancient ruins made her feel peace. Raquel just zoned out and sent one of her spiders upstairs to investigate the house.

The spider rushed to the dining room, trying to find anything of interest. Once there, Raquel guided it to the one of the bedrooms that had already been opened by the other girls there. It was fancy like the rest of the house and it sure was better than the tiny room Raquel had on her "house".

Something else caught Raquel's attention, though. The white-haired girl asked the other girl, the one that had arrived after everyone else was already on the place, if she could be cured. That sure was weird but Raquel focused on Wo again when she mentioned a miraculous device called "V.H.S". Huh, she was still talking. It was amazing, really. Raquel made a mental note to watch her words in case she accidentally made her ramble again.

Raquel could only nod when Wo finished her story since she had only paid attention to the second part. She hoped the first one wasn't that important "Right..."

"You found this temple and took the mantle of the humans that used to live there and now you have superpowers that you use to protect your world?"

It seemed nice having clear purpose in life but it was also a huge responsibility. Raquel wasn't cut for that so she didn't envy Wo at all.

"Seems like a chore. Me? I was just born with my powers. I'm not one of those Mahou Shoujos. I haven't even heard of them until now"

Having mulled over the story, Raquel suddenly realized that Wo had mentioned the spirit of a dead human following her around ever since she got her powers.

"Wait a minute. That spirit is with you, right now?"

Last edited by DeisTheAlcano on 19/9/2016, 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
DeisTheAlcano
DeisTheAlcano

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami 14/9/2016, 7:08 pm

Hikaru, for her part, remained completely silent as Fate and Hayate talked, although she did look somewhat ashamed when the latter stated she requested for the former to stay off duty. When it was decided that she'd have to talk herself, she nodded.

"Very well," she said, "I am not entirely hopeful about keeping them out of this, but such is the price of honesty."

At that, she went to speak to Hayate herself.

"Greetings. My name is Hikaru," she started with a bow of her head, "I must apologize for essentially kidnapping Fate. The spell I used to bring her here was not for any specific person, and she just so happened to be among the people it chose. As for why I cast the spell in the first place...."

She then explained everything that she had previously told the assembled group.

"...As dire as all this sounds, I'd very much like to avoid getting more people involved than I absolutely have to. Don't get me wrong; I'd certainly appreciate the help, assuming you're willing to help me. However, the thing is that the expanse being threatened is literally infinite. I don't want you stretching yourselves thin trying to cover all of it, leaving your own local group exposed in the process. Furthermore, the more people working on this means a higher chance of Haruka realizing what's going on, assuming he's still alive."

She frowned. "And so, I'd like to request that you primarily focus on keeping your local group safe, and leave the quest for the Alpha Devices to my assembled group here. But if you truly wish to help with this, then I suppose there's nothing I can do to really stop you."

Sophie glanced out at the others herself, looking thoughtful.

"...Maybe?" she said after a couple moments, "I mean, I don't know what everyone else here can do. I think at least Hikaru would be able to come up with something, if none of the others can. Assuming you're willing to talk to her at all."

She frowned. "...I do know that I can't do anything, sorry to say. I'm the girl that...well, I just punch things."
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Destruction and Friendship - Page 3 Empty Yes, there IS something different about my perspective, why did you ask?

Post by wikkit 15/9/2016, 11:53 am

By now, after delivering a speech like that, Wo had downed her entire cup of nutrient gel, leaving a thin sheen of grey residue on the cup.  It was quite nice, but now she wondered where exactly she was gonna get more of it later.  

Raquel wasn't a Magical Girl, aside from the fact that she was magical and a girl, but that was sort of expected.  Her clothes weren't colorful, and she hadn't seen her transform once since she gotten here.  In any case, Wo was glad to know she at least appreciated her title.  "It's not that hard, actually," she said.  "Since, well, the majority of my civilization is underwater..."  Man, maybe she should've mentioned that earlier?  That seemed like something that was different from how humans worked.  "...It makes being able to control water useful.  I've only had these powers for a month or so, but it's going great so far."

Onto the matter of her question:  Where was Yama, her little spirit buddy?  "Weeelll...no," Wo said, looking off to the side.  "I just got off of work when I came here, and he sits around near the box...and sort of mopes around, most of the time.  Unless he's helping me, he's a bit of a homebody, as odd as that sounds.  All I've got with me is-" a sudden clattering sound as something small, white and chattering popped out of a compartment in her head, "-this guy.  He's technically part of me still, though," she said as she let it rest in her outstretched hand, staring at Raquel with its glowing pits for eyes.  "He's not going to be offering any sage advice any time soon."

Both Wo and the little drone looked to their side as they saw the pale one in the group (Sabitzuki, right?) step on something...and knowing who had piles of little somethings to step on, Wo looked appropriately shocked.  "...I think you might want to talk with her," she said to Raquel as Sabitzuki returned her shocked look.

"It's fine that you can't!  Really," Sabitsuki exclaimed, her expression actually somehow resembling a more tired version of excitement.  "Punching is fine.  I hope we don't have to, but I'm glad to have someone that can punch people.  It's just that," a sweep of her hand, indicating everyone "even if none of them can, we're in a multiverse, right?  Infinite universes!  There's gotta be someone out there that can!  Like, who knows what kind of medicine people like that freak robot girl have?"

In her excitement, she didn't realize it until a whole second after she had done it, but she had absentmindedly stomped on one of the spiders that came up to her.  When she saw the freak robot girl, Woh, stare at her like she had just murdered someone, she realized exactly who might have been the owner of said spider.  To be honest, until a few minutes ago the idea of someone owning a spider was a little odd, but here she was, stepping on the property of others.  She looked at the two, covering her mouth with her hands as she said "Oh god," and awaited the wrath of the delinquent girl.
wikkit
wikkit

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Destruction and Friendship - Page 3 Empty "I think I'm getting sick..."

Post by V_Phantom 16/9/2016, 12:36 pm

Ever since Hikaru started her long-winded explanation, Aurum just followed quietly and listened to it intently... That was, until she reached the part about the Zero Collapse being a phenomenon that threatened not only her home world, and those of the present, but every single world that exists, has existed and will ever exist.

After hearing that, Aurum lost herself for several minutes, during which she was completely out of touch with what had been happening around her, including the rest of Hikaru's explanation, all the interactions between the other girls. Even Wo's question didn't register, because there was only one of thought in her stirred-up mind at that point: Complete and utter despair.

It took too long for her to snap out from that nigh catatonic state, and when she did, she felt rather dizzy and utterly confused. Taking a hold of a nearby wall in order to avoid dropping to the ground, as she felt the strength of her legs faltered, she spoke to Hikaru is a really distressed tone:

-“Ms. Hikaru... Could you please help me get outside? I don't feel right at all... I think I'm getting sick..."

V_Phantom
Admin

https://zero-collapse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano 16/9/2016, 10:16 pm

Raquel realized that Wo had failed to mention a small detail in her story: Most of her world was underwater. Yeah, sure, things weren't weird enough as she had told them already.

"What? You can breath underwater?"

She wasn't even expecting an answer, really. At this point she just nodded and wondered how the hell Wo's world was supposed to work.

The spirit she had mentioned wasn't with her when she got kidnapped but she did have a small ball with eyes that was technically part of her body. Add that to the list of things Raquel never thought she would see today.

"So, you can summon... that" She instinctively ordered part of the swarm near her chair to get on the table between her and that thing. You know, just in case that metal ball wanted to start a fight. It's not like Raquel actually thought it would attack her but she wasn't going to let her guard down.

Suddenly she "felt" something crushing her and squeezing the life out of her, or rather, one of her spiders. Well, that's what she knew had happened, anyway. The actual sensation was a lot less dramatic, like a papercut.

Back on the kitchen, the spider in question made a sickening crunch after getting crushed under Sabitsuki's weight. It slowly dissolved into a puff smoke, leaving no corpse behind.

Raquel wondered how she had become so careless. When was the last time someone had accidentally stepped on one of her spiders? She couldn't even remember but it must have been at least a year ago. Maybe being up for so long had finally gotten to her.

Wo and Sabitsuki looked shocked at this accidental "murder" but Raquel didn't really care that much aside from feeling a little rusty. While she loved her spiders, the truth of the matter was that they were disposable. They would get summoned and return to where they came from whenever she didn't need them at the time (something that didn't happen that often, to be honest) and none of them were individuals. If something ever happened to one of them, another one would take its place. They were just an extension of Raquel with no aspirations, dreams or goals other than doing her biding and she had lost several of them over the years. Some had drowned, others had fallen from high places, and, of course, a lot of them had been stepped on by people that didn't notice them or that didn't want spiders near them.

She walked to the dining room "It's fine. I can create more" She pressed her hand on the wall near the one of the cabinets and opened a portal. A few spiders came out it, this time as big as her hands "They are not exactly unique"

She grabbed one of them "You want to pet them?" she asked, as she rubbed her cheek on the spider's hairy back "They are fluffy" She then offered Sabitsuki the spider so she could feel its fur.

Last edited by DeisTheAlcano on 19/9/2016, 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I goofed up)
DeisTheAlcano
DeisTheAlcano

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami 18/9/2016, 2:53 pm

It'd probably been a while since Sabitsuki was excited by something. If she hadn't gotten that impression before, Sophie definitely had it now. Even if it was just because of coincidence rather than anything either of them did, she couldn't help but make a small smile.

She might had said something else, but then Sabitsuki accidentally squashed one of Raquel's spiders. While she didn't say anything herself, she did turn to Raquel and give her a look that was largely apologetic. Whether she realized it or not, she was also giving off the impression that Raquel would have to go through her first if she wanted to give Sabitsuki any excessive grief; she'd shifted a little closer to Sabitsuki, and her expression was a little harder than she intended it to be.

Fortunately for the both of them, Raquel simply shrugged it off and demonstrated that she could summon more whenever she wished. Then she rubbed her face on one of them and offered it to Sabitsuki to pet. Sophie let out a small sigh of relief at the former; she wasn't so sure how well she'd be able to break up a fight if it came to that. The latter earned Raquel a rather confused and worried expression, followed by Sophie reflexively backing up a little. On one hand, she never really minded spiders. On the other hand, she couldn't help but be a little unnerved by a spider that big. Who knew what Sabitsuki would think of it?

"Um...I'll pass, thank you...." she said, although she wasn't the one being addressed, "And...um...I guess I can't speak for Sabitsuki, but, er, I hope you aren't scaring her too much...."
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 18/9/2016, 10:00 pm

Hayate seemed to listening attentively as Hikaru explained everything about the dire situation. She mostly frowned all the way through, though her eyes did widen from sheer horror at certain points, such as the unimaginable destructible potential of the Zero Collapse.

After Hikaru was through with all of it, Hayate sighed, perhaps in frustation at the impossibly difficult situation being present and then said, "I really don't like the sound of any of this. Normally, I would insist on us getting involved but ... If it is anything like what you described, then there is not much even we can do. We would really be spreading ourselves thin trying to cover such almost unconceivably large ground. And if this frankly mad king or anyone loyal to him are still around, too much of our presence would probably cause even more drastic measures from them ... "

Fate watched as the conflict until then present on her friend's expression gave away to conviction, as she then said, "I will leave the matter to you and the group you have gathered then. I have full confidence that Fate will be of great help in this endeavour. Now, while I agree that it would best if we don't get overtly involved, I still feel that she should lend our hand in some way. Is there any way that we could be of assistance in this mission, more subtly? We could certainly spare a ship or two. That shouldn't attract much attention and it wouldn't hinder our ability to handle ourselves over here either."

Fate approached the console again and spoke up, "Actually, Hayate ... There is something I would like to ask that would greatly help. You see, since I had just gotten back from that previous mission and was expected to be off duty, my cartridge count is rather low. I would like to request permission to have Hikaru here retreive a few such supplies with her abilities."

In response, Hayate firmly nodded her head and said, "I can certainly spare you that much. It wouldn't do to have you on anything less than your fullest capabilities when faced with such a important task, on a dire situation like this."

Fate bowed respecfully and the flashed her friend a warm smile, as she said, "Thank you. That should be of great help in this endeavour."

Suddenly, it sounded like someone was in quite distress. The girl in question said that she was feeling ill and requested Hikaru's aid.

With quite of a concerned expression, Fate turned around and said,
"If she is not feeling well, then perhaps someone should go fetch Lumina from uptairs? I remember she said she was some kind of Healer. She should be able to help with such a situation."
JamesShields01
JamesShields01

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami 18/9/2016, 10:37 pm

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

"I thank you for understanding," Hikaru replied with a small smile and another nod, "Not that I don't appreciate your willingness to help. It's just for the best regarding this whole quest. As for additional help...."

She glanced around the room she was in, then back to the communicator. "...Might you have some means of inter-universe transport? While my powers were enough to bring everyone here, I unfortunately didn't think ahead enough to provide a means to return them to their homes should they not wish to help me. While thankfully they've all agreed, I'd still like to have the means for them to go home should they ultimately decide that this is just too much for them.

"Beyond that...I'll just ask that you keep your own local group safe, especially if an Alpha Device happened to land within your local group. I imagine you'd know if there was an Alpha Device there, but to be on the safe side look out for a large, cylindrical machine that looks something like a cross between a key and some kind of polearm. It'll likely be giving off a strong signal, as well." She paused for a moment. "And...I'd also like to ask that Fate be allowed to talk with her family. She didn't ask to be brought here, and I don't want her loved ones worrying about her any more than they have to."

At that point, Aurum asked her to help her outside, stating that she wasn't feeling well.

"I'll leave Fate to take things from here," she said as a final note to Hayate, before turning to Aurum.

"Allow me to go request Lumina's help, and I'll see to it that you're tended to," she said, "And in the meantime...." She turned to the rest of the group present. "...Not to interrupt the rest of you, but could one of you please help Aurum outside?"

Assuming someone answered her request, she would then go upstairs to find Lumina.
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit 19/9/2016, 6:23 pm

Wo sighed in relief as Raquel took her...pet?  Familiar?  Something like that's death in stride.  Well, maybe in stride, for all she knew trying to get the pale girl to pet her giant spider was some kind of weird revenge.  Before she could see her reaction, Wo was distracted by Aurum's sudden illness.  She was hesitant to move and help her, just for a moment, because if there was one thing she had no idea about it was human sickness.  For some reason she immediately went to the worst ideas here, being a little bit of a hypochondriac, so she waited to see if someone else would help her out.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem like that was going to be the case, and Wo couldn't just let someone flounder about like that.  She got up, and said, "...Sure, I'll take her out." Grabbing her remaining cup of water in hand (for what little medical facts she knew, "you gotta keep sick people hydrated" is one of them), she walked to her side and tried to support her.

"Okay, then...Aurum, right?  Let's get you out," she calmly said.  With one arm bracing her on her shoulder, her tentacles wrapped around her and lifted her off the ground, gently but firmly keeping her suspended in air.  Wo was very surprised at how light she was, but she would have chances to think about this later.  Without further ado, she took the princess and carefully carried her to the front porch of the house.

Allowing herself to calm down when she saw that Raquel wasn't mad at all, Sabitsuki slowed her breath down and wiped her forehead.  She was entirely afraid of the girl herself, not her spider, and now that she wasn't a threat she had managed to calm herself.

Now, she had to come up with a reason not to pet this spider.  She wasn't afraid of it at all, really, because she had seen things far more frightening in her dreams.  It wasn't cute by any stretch of the imagination, like this girl thought it was, but it sure wasn't disturbing either.  Her only fears with those things is that they would crawl up and bite her when she least expected it, and considering Raquel controlled them Sabitsuki wasn't too worried about that.  However, she didn't want to risk getting her sick.

As her hand hovered a couple inches away from petting the spider, Sabitsuki tried to weigh the options here.  She wasn't sure if this sickness was spread by touch, by breath or by blood, but taking chances just to pet an arachnid wasn't the best idea.  The only thing stopping her from outright refusing was the possibility of taking her refusal as an insult, and that wasn't a chance she wanted to take either!  After a few seconds of contemplating this, outwardly not looking afraid but just hesitant, she had decided to just let it out.  Sophie didn't take it badly, so why should this girl?

"I'm...sorry, I don't want to get you sick," she finally said, withdrawing her hand.  "Maybe if I had some gloves on or something, but I don't want you or your spiders to get what I have.  Is that alright?"
wikkit
wikkit

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano 21/9/2016, 3:21 pm

Both Sophie and Sabitsuki reacted defensively at Raquel's attitude, which left her a bit puzzled. Sure, spiders weren't a popular pet but these girls were acting like she was about to attack them. She couldn't deny that having that sort of presence was always good but it also made her feel a bit uncomfortable. Even in this group of weirdos, she wasn't fitting in.

Sabitsuki hesitated to pet her spider. Raquel simply assumed she didn't want to touch it but also didn't want to piss her off by refusing the offer. Ok, making her squirm a little more than made up for being treated like a dangerous person.

To her surprise, the pale girl explained that she was sick and didn't want to touch anyone for fear of spreading her illness. The bad news were that everyone there was at risk of getting infected. On the flip side, at least Raquel now understood what she meant about finding a cure.

Having seen first hand a minor outbreak of leprosy just a few years ago, Raquel's brain went into panic mode. She tried her best not to show it but this really terrified her.

The spider immediately went up her arm and she took a step back, not breaking eye contact with Sabitsuki. She then got her arms close to her body and pulled her hood back up, as if that would protect her from Sabitsuki's illness, whatever it was.

"I heard something about that. You are not a leper, are you?"

Last edited by DeisTheAlcano on 22/9/2016, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeisTheAlcano
DeisTheAlcano

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 21/9/2016, 5:30 pm

After Hikaru made her requests she, then went about to tending to Aurum. Fortunately, Wo answered her call and attempted to get her outside, so Hikaru herself then proceeded to make for uptairs.

"Don't worry. We'll sort things out from here. I'm sure we'll be able to come up with something to help." Fate turned around and called out before the other woman actually left the room. She then turned back to Hayate and asked, "Do you think is it possible to do anything about what she asked?"

Hayate looked thoughtful, seemingly pondering over this for a moment, before answering, "Possible, yes, but ... If things existence on the unbelievably massive scale she describes ... Then, even for us it might takes us a while, even with the benefit of knowing exactly where you are, which we don't have. We can try, but it would definitely takes us a while to reach you. There's also the matter of who to involve in such a sensitive situation."

"Yes, I might figure that would be the case. Fortunately, like she said, everyone seems to have agree to go with this, one way or the other. This might takes us a while and assuming it's not necessary to take anyone back before we're through with averting this disaster, either Hikaru or us, possibly both should, have figured something to get all of us back," Fate commented, then pausing and looking thoughtful before adding,
"As for who to send ... Why not send Chrono with the Arthra? We can certainly trust him to handle this properly."

Hayate frowned a bit, saying, "Well, yes, we could trust him, but ... You know your brother. No doubt he would throw the book at Hikaru, as well this king and anyone else involved in this incident after this all over. She did technically kidnap you and several others, using dimensional means to do so."

"I'm well aware of that possibility. But I also know that we as an organization are fair and just. Certainly this could handled in a similarly manner to what happened to me or  your Knights or even the Numbers, couldn't it?" Fate questioned.

"I think so. She did do all that with only the intention of prevention an immense and otherwise apparently inescapable tragedy after all. I'm sure it could be mostly over looked," Hayate commented, then adding, "Now, regarding these Alpha Devices ... From what was described, it would seem that they are possibly much like Lost Logia and if that holds true, we should have detected something like that by now, specially if they emmit a strong signal. On the other hand, if they are different enough, we could have overlooked them. I'll try to see if we can something to find any if they are present, but that could also take a while."

"Understood. I imagined that would be the case," Fate simply replied.

Hayate seemed to have relaxed a bit, flashing her friend a warm smile, saying,
"I believe that is all for now. Now, I believe you would like to speak with Nanoha. She should back at our home by now, with Vivio. I can patch you right through to make it easier for you."

Fate gave back a warm smile of her own and said, "Yes, please. It was hoping you would. I'm sure they are wondering what is happening. I was supposed to be back by now ... "  

"Then let me make this quick so that you can reassure then, as much as is possible in such a situation. Well then, we will each other latter. If any important developments come up, I'll be sure to make contact as soon as possible," Hayate said, as began to key in commands on her own device, "There, you should be connecting to her in a moment."

"Thank you, Hayate. Until later then," Fate replied, as the screen began to shift.

Hayate nodded and made her final comment for now, "Until then. Say hello to them for me."

"I'll be sure to," Fate manage to say, before the connection was then suddenly rerouted and the scene on the screen changed completely.

Instead of an office, the interior of a house was now displayed. Close by, two people were now shown : One was awoman apparently of a similar age to Fate's, with auburn hair tied in a lopsided ponytail, wearing a similar but different colored, in this case white and blue, uniform. The other was a little girl, who had long blond hair, tied with blue ribbons and one eye of a very similar color to Fate's, while the other was of a deep green color.

Both seemed surprised by the sudden appearence of the screen and even more so by who was shown on it. They both rushed to stand in front of it, with the woman picking up the little girl so she could take a better look at it.

"Fate? Where are you? Weren't you supposed to be back by now?" The woman asked, a mix of relief and worry clear in her tone.

"Fate-Mama!" The little girl exclaimed, evidently feeling much less ambiguous about the situation, judging by the clearly happy tone.

Fate in turn flashed an apologetic smile and said, adressing the woman first "Yes, Nanoha, I thought I would be home by now too, but ... Something really important come up, after I finished doing my report to Hayate," then turning to the little girl, smiling warmly in return, she then said, "Hello there, Vivio. I'm happy to see you again too. I really wish I could be there with you right now."  

Vivio's bright smile faltered a bit as Fate said the last bit and then she said, "But why? Why can't be with us, mama? Nanoha-Mama said what you to do for Miss Hayate was over, so why?"

Still with quite a concerned look, Nanoha added, "Yes, that's right. I heard from Hayate that you had done your report to her and weren't expected to be back out in the field for a few days. You weren't supposed to be back on a mission so soon, so what is going on?"

Fate hesitated a bit before answering. This time around, she would have to be careful with what she revealed. Not because she didn't trust them, quite the opposite, they were her precious family after all, but because Vivio was there. If it had been just Nanoha she were speaking with it, she would have no problem disclosing the full truth of what she had told and asked to do. But with their daughter there, it was an entirely different situation. The whole thing, with the sheer scale of the Zero Collapse and its destructive potential, was still beyond even her capability to barely grasp. What would such information do to a six year old who clearly had been through enough already in her short life? Hearing any of it would certainly scarred her little heart and she had enough to deal with at it was.

After pondering over this for a while, she finally answered, "Well ... It wasn't anyone on the Bureau who has asked me to do this. It was someone from outside us, who really help with something really important."

Nanoha raised an eyebrow questionally, as she asked, "But then, who did this person find and contact you and why you and not anybody else?"

"Well ... Let's just that she wasn't looking for me, or anyone for that matter, specifically. Just for people wiht the ability to help. I can't say I would exactly agree with the recruitment method, so to speak, but I can't refuse to do what I was asked to do."

"Why was what? What is so important they had to drag you, apparently against your will at first by what you implied?" Nanoha asked concernedly.

Fate had to pause again. It was obvious she couldn't reveal the exact nature of the situation, anything to do with the Zero Collapse, while Vivio was present. That would certainly scare the little girl far too much. At the same time, she had to inform them, specially Nanoha, of at least of some of it. The rest, she would have to leave up to Hayate to explain to her.

"Well, there is someone trying to do something really terrible by using something really powerful and ancient. So I and a few other girls have to stop them, in order to keep everyone safe," she managed after a while, hoping that would suffice.

"Like what those bad people try to use Vivio for? Like that, mama?" Vivio innocently asked.

Looking directly at her daughter, Fate smiled warmly, saying, "Yes, like that, Vivio. We protected you and everyone back home back then and now I have to do it for a lot more people."

The little girl nodded her and with a bright smile back in her face, said, "Well, then I guess you really have to do it. Keep everyone safe, Fate-Mama. But please stay safe too."

"Don't worry, Vivio. I'll return safely too and I will try to make do it as soon as possible," Fate replied, hoping that would hold true.

"Promise?" The little girl said, while holding her hand out, almost touching the screen.

Fate responded in kind, reaching out so it almost seemed like they were touching each other, while desperately wishing she could actually do that for real.

"Of course, Vivio. Mama will be safe. There are lots of really nice people here to help," She commented back.

Nanoha, having been watching the heartfelt scene quietly for a while, then inquired,
"I don't suppose you can speak of what exactly is going right now?" flickering her glance towards Vivio for a moment as she said it.

"Well, I spoke to Hayate right before, since I had some things to discuss about the situation with her and also because I'm calling for far away and it would be easier to have her transfer the connection as well. I can ask her about it later, Nanoha. I figured it would be easier that way," Fate measurely explained.

"Alright then. I'll be sure to," Nanoha simply replied.

"Well ... I mostly called so you knew that I was OK. I have to speak to Caro and Erio next, so that they know the same. Plus, there are the other girls here that I am sure would like to keep with their loved ones too, so I shouldn't take too much," Fate said, clearly a bit conflicted about it, "I'll make sure to try to speak to you again as soon as possible."

"Please do, Fate-Mama. We'll miss you lots," Vivio said, clearly trying to stay bright despite probably not want it yet.

"Yes, we sure will. Please stay safe and try to come back soon," Nanoha said, also clearly trying to stay positive despite the circunstances.

"I'll as soon as I can again, I promise. I'll miss you both too. I love you very much,"

"Love you too, Fate-Mama," Vivio said, with a very bright and sweet smile despite the circunstances, before reaching and wrapping her little arms around Nanoha, adding,
"And I love you too, Nanoha-Mama."

Nanoha gently petted the little girl's head in response, looking at her and then at Fate, saying, "And I love you both, very much ... Well, I guess this it for then ... "

"Yes ... I'll have to go for now. So until we can speak again, which I will be soon enough," Fate said, trying to stay brave for their daughter while with it, keeping a warm smile despite not wanting to finish yet, even she thought she had to.

"Bye, mama. Until later. See you soon," Vivio said, while waving.

"Yes, until then, Fate. Please make it soon," Nanoha replied, adding her own waving.

"I will. Bye then, Nanoha, Vivio. Don't worry, soon enough, I'll be back with you for real," Fate said, while beginning to key in the necessary commands for the next connection. Given at it was to an entirely different world, it would likely take a while.

Hikaru's Refuge - Uptairs

Meanwhile, after staying for a while in her chosen room, Lumina decided that it was time she got back to the others. It wouldn't help much if she just stood around there, feeling sure for herself. And if she was to work with the them in order to stop Haruka and the Zero Collapse, she would have to try to communicate with them better, which wouldn't be possible if she isolated herself like this.

With that in mind, she the exited the room and made her way to the stairs.
JamesShields01
JamesShields01

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami 22/9/2016, 6:17 pm

Hikaru's House - Upstairs

As it turned out, Hikaru didn't need to go far to find Lumina. In fact, she almost bumped into the elf just as she reached the top of the stairs. Fortunately, she managed to stop herself before anything major happened.

"Good timing," she said, clasping her hands together, "I was just coming up to ask for your help. One of the others isn't feeling well. I hope it's nothing major; she just seems to be rather weak. All the same, I don't want to run the risk of her getting worse."

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

Sophie, for her part, just remained quiet as Sabitsuki and Raquel talked. Upon seeing the latter's reaction to the former's illness, however, she did give Sabitsuki something of a comforting look. Maybe it'd help, maybe it wouldn't, but if the others would have a similar reaction to Raquel then it'd probably help Sabitsuki to have someone who wouldn't be (too) worried about getting herself infected.
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami

Back to top Go down

Post by wikkit 24/9/2016, 2:06 am

Sabitsuki's look was mostly confusion, with a little bit of indignation mixed in.  "Do I look like a leper?  I mean, lepers tear their own skin off, and mine looks fine!"  She briefly got up to talk to her face to face, before immediately sitting back down.  Getting angry at this girl was one thing, but getting confrontational was probably not good for her already poor health.

She slumped back down into her chair, trying her best to cool off.  For some reason, being called a leper to her face didn't sit well with her at all...well, probably a specific reason...but she probably wouldn't be able to protest that.  "I-I've had this d-disease for as long as I can remember, and nobody's ever called it leprosy," she sheepishly said, trying to make herself as small-looking as possible. "It's really complicated, and I don't know if it's contagious...just, if you go albino any time soon, it's probably my fault..."
wikkit
wikkit

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesShields01 25/9/2016, 12:36 am

Hikaru's House - Upstairs -> Downstairs

Lumina was a little startled when Hikaru appeared at the top of the stairs right as she was about to start descending. Fortunately, they both almost immediately stopped and avoided getting hurt.

Her expression showed clear concern when Hikaru said that one of the other girls was feeling sick. Well, at least that a matter she could do something about.

She firmly nodded and said, "O-Of course. E-Even if is nothing really serious, it's my duty to help her, not only as a healer but also as a teammate. I-I will do my best for her. So please take me to where she is."

She would then follow Hikaru's lead until they reached the sick girl's location.

Meanwhile, Sakura and Kero also exited their room, having also decided that they wouldn't accomplish much just standing there and they should get back downstairs to see what was currently going on.

Seeing Hikaru and Lumina apparently about to descend, they would follow them towards downstairs, but would head back to the kitchen, rather than where the other pair seemed to be head

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

As Fate finished inputting the commands to connect the communication device to another in the reserve located in Supools, where Caro and Erio where currently leaving, the hovering screen once again began to shift and fade.

At first, she ended up speaking to a senior condervation officer. Fortunately, she was known by most of the small staff there from when she had brought Caro there a few years ago. And also fortunately, her children seemed to be currently off duty, so there was no difficulty in getting them to called over there so she could speak to them.

After a few moments, she saw them approach. Caro was wearing her summoner robes as also, with her hood up at first, but she pulled it down as she walked up to the device, revealing her still somewhat short pink hair. And of course, her dragon companion, Fried, was flying right by her sideFor his part, Erio was, also as usual, was donning the deep green uniform of the conservation corps.

Both their expressions noticeably lit up when they saw her and she smiled tenderly at them in return

"Fate! I'm so glad to see you again! How are you?" Caro said animatedly.

"Yeah, it's has been a while. I'm glad you made it safely back home from that long mission,"
Erio said for his part.

"It has been a while, hasn't it? I'm very happy to see you two as well. How have you been doing?"

"Pretty well. There haven't been many major incidents here at the reserve," Erio readily replied.

"Yeah, things have been pretty calm lately," Caro said, starting to frown a bit as she added, "The only thing that is really worrying is that mysterious black spot that seems to be always in the sky. Those are all over the place, from what I have heard. That mission you were on ... It was in part about that, right? Did you find out anything?"

Fate frowned slightly. She had of course called with partly the intention of explaining the current situation. But while Caro and Erio signicantly older and more matute than Vivio, they were still children, children that had also been through a lot in their short lives. She was still figuring what and how to tell them about it all, so it was best to go slowly.

"About that ... I did end up finding out a lot about all that, though not during my previous mission. And well, this part of the reason why I'm calling you suddenly like this. I got back home and made my report to Hayate a while ago but ... I'm not home anymore and I'm now involved in a mission of sorts, though unofficially."

It was Erio's turn to frown deeply, as he questioned, "But ... How? Why? After a long mission like that, wouldn't Hayate have sure that you got to stay home for a while? Just would send out like this so soon?"

"Well, it wasn't anyone within the Bureau this time. It was someone outside, who desperately needed help with a very grave matter. Something related those black spots," Fate explained measurely.

"The black spots? So you learn about what they really are from this person?" Caro asked curiously.

Fate nodded firmly and said,
"Yes, that would be correct. The whole thing, as I was told, goes somewhat like this ... "

She then launched into a brief explanation of what was happening. She told about the Devices and the Zero Collapse, though the latter only to a certain extent. She couldn't deny that it was it was a very grave matter and said as much as she could. However, she herself felt immense dread at the sheer scale of that. She would rather avoid them having to face such a reality.

Which was properly the right call, since it was clear that what she had told them was causing enough worry already.

With her expression and tone clearly reflecting her concern, Caro somewhat hesitantly said
"That ... Really does sound very serious. I can see why you agreed to help .. But have you asked for backup? We could help too ... "

Erio, looking just as concerned, tentatively nodded and added,
"Yeah, she's right ... If it is that serious, wouldn't it be better to get more of the Bureau involved?"

"Normally, I would agree ... But this is a delicate situation. That king, or at least some loyal followers of his, could still be around. If such a presence as a large reinforcement from the Bureau was detected, no doubt it would only make things worse,"
Fate carefully explained in response, "But I have spoke to Hayate and she will try to get more subtle support. And I definitely not alone here. There several others just as willing to fight for this as me. And for the sake of every world affected, we just have to suceed."

It was clearly that both children still had some doubt, but Caro tentatively nodded and said,
"Well, if you feel that would be for the best then ... Ok then ... And well, I suppose you will have to leave again soon, to go search for those Devices?"

"Probably ... Before that, there is still the matter of figuring out a way to get the others here to speak to the people in their homes as well. So, unfortunately ... I think I will have to be going for now. I would very much like to keep talking to you two for longer, but ... " Fate replied, her expression reflecting just how conflicted she was over the matter.

While also clearly conflicted, Erio slowly nodded and replied,
"It's alright. If it had taken longer without us being able to speak with you, we should probably been really worried. So I wouldn't those that are important to these other girls there to feel like that."

Caro also nodded and said, "Yeah, Erio is right. I wouldn't want that either. Even it is just a few more minutes, that would be long enough for someone already worried. Plus, it is not like we won't be able to speak to each other later, even during such a mission, right?"

Fate smiled with clear maternal pride at how well her children were handling the matter, despite it being clear how difficult it all must be for them.

"Yes, you are both quite right. And well, while I imagine that I will be out in the field for a while, I also think that we will be returning to this base from time to time, so we should be able to speak again then," Fate said, dearly hoping that would be the case. With what he had gotten about Hikaru so far, she felt that it was a reasonable assumption.

"That is good to hear ... That being the case, then I suppose you really go for now," Caro responded, sounding a bit reliefed, if still overall conflicted over the matter, "We will really miss you. Please be safe."

Clearly trying to hold brave for all their sakes, Erio then asserted,
"Of course she will be. Fate is really strong. Besides, like she said, she is not alone. With all those girls, if everyone supports and helps each other, I'm sure it will all work out."

"Yes, don't worry. Everything will turn out alright. I'll miss you both clearly too. And I love very you much," Fate, flashing a tender smile, "And when this all over, I'll make sure to visit as soon as possible, alright?"

Also clearly trying to stay brave for the moment, Caro nodded and said, "That would be great. I'll be looking forward to that. I love you very much too," Her expression slightly faltered, as she added, "Well, I guess this is goodbye for now, then ... "

His expression also faltering, Erio slowly nodded and said, "I love you too, Fate ... And yeah, I guess it is, isn't?"

Attempting to hold strong for her children's sake, Fate said, "Yes, for now. But I will do my best to make it won't be for long."

"Alright ... Bye then, Fate. We wish you the best luck," Caro then said, as she gave a little wave.

"Yes, we definitely do. Until later, then," Erio added, with a wave of his own.

"Until then, my dears," Fate replied, her smile finally faltering as she keyed in the commands to end the connection. A few moments later, the screen shimmered before turning into a dull gray display.

After a moment, she then around to face all the others in the room and said, "Alright, so now that I have finished speaking with those I needed to, I'll do my best to make you able to do the same. I can't really guarantee it, since it is very likely that any communication technology from your home isn't compatible with those of mine, such as this little device here. But I will do whatever I can to make it work and if I can't do it by myself, then we will figure out something with Hikaru once Aurum has been tended to. Now, who would like to try it first?"
JamesShields01
JamesShields01

Back to top Go down

Post by DeisTheAlcano 25/9/2016, 9:03 pm

Raquel didn't mean to come off as insensitive as she did. She certainly didn't hate Sabitsuki but the possiblity of getting infected still made her keep her distance.

"I just... I didn't mean that"

She could certainly empathize with someone that felt lonely because of circumstances outside her power. Sure, in her case, the ability to summon spiders came with zero disadvantages (Well, except for suffering a head splitting headache whenever one of Guernica's machines was active but the less said about that, the better) but people still looked at her funny whenever she showed them what she could do.

"Don't worry about my spiders. Like I said, they are replaceable" she sent a spider to Sabitsuki's feet "You can keep that one if you want"

There was something that didn't make much sense to her, though. Why did she act like her disease was infectious when she wasn't even sure of it?

"I just want to ask you something. If you've had that illness all your life, how can you not know if it's contagious?"

Last edited by DeisTheAlcano on 26/9/2016, 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
DeisTheAlcano
DeisTheAlcano

Back to top Go down

Post by D.L. Yomegami 25/9/2016, 11:01 pm

Hikaru's House -> Outside

Hikaru nodded before leading Lumina back downstairs. She went through the kitchen first to make sure Aurum still wasn't there, although she didn't pay much attention to the general conversations there apart from giving Fate a quick nod. From there, she made her way outside and soon enough caught up with Wo and Aurum, wherever they happened to be.

"All right, I've brought the healer," she said, then she turned to Aurum, "Now, is there anything in particular that's hurting you? The more information you can give Lumina, the better she'll be able to help you."

Hikaru's House - Kitchen

For a minute it looked as if there might be a confrontation, but fortunately Raquel seemed to be taking measures to deflate it before it had a chance to really start. Once again, Sophie let out a small sigh of relief. She again opted to remain quiet for now; this was really between the other two girls. While she still intended on becoming a mediator if she needed to, it was looking less and less likely that she'd need to.

Then Fate finished with using the communicator and asked if anyone else would like to use it. Since it wasn't looking like she'd need to mediate for Sabitsuki and Raquel, she felt she might as well try. After all, Samantha was probably really worried about her, considering where they were before she got pulled away. On top of that, it looked like this would be a good opportunity to talk to her mother and Lillain again as well.

On the other hand, she didn't know if the other girls had people they wanted to talk to as well. Actually, they probably did, in which case she was happy to wait while they tried first.

"...Not to interrupt," she said, "But I'd like to try contacting my home. That is, if no one else would really like to first. I can wait if there's someone who needs to more than I do."
D.L. Yomegami
D.L. Yomegami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next